There are a number of key issues surrounding Digital Currencies, both in Australia and globally. These include:
- Taxation of digital currencies
- Combating illicit activity through cooperation between industry and government agencies
- Creating the right climate for Bitcoin start-ups to thrive
- How digital currency technology can benefit established players in the financial services industry, and
- What governments can do to address all of these issues
The G20 Summit in Brisbane represents perhaps the most formal and concrete opportunity to discuss these issues to date. ADCCA is proud to host the first global conversation on these issues during the G20 with our counterpart associations in the global digital currency community. It is hoped a roadmap to grow the industry and develop appropriate regulatory structures for Digital Currencies can be discussion upon in this forum.
ADCCA welcomes participation and reach-out from leaders and participants across the financial services, technology, international enterprise and government communities.